When it comes to construction, three major factors that mirrored the fate of each project (and even organization) between success and failure is the cost, time & Budget! These three factors are also often associated with the ability of the staff to work on the project, it is generally believed that if the project fails, the project team especially management was not competent enough.
But is it really the lack of capacity of project staff that constrains them from performing their best? Well … it’s not incompetence, but in fact the lack of appropriate knowledge that keeps them bounded.
We do not deny the fact that many years of experience in a particular industry teaches a lot about the field in question, but it does not mean that endows a person with the required management skills.
Knowing the “hows and what” of work are just not enough … but when it comes to projects, Project Management skill set is what really matters …
Below Glint how PMP certified individuals are edge over uncertified professionals, and how they serve as an asset for any organization
– Important Project Management mentality PMP certified individuals are trained in basic mindsets project, such as risk management, communication management and time management, which plays a very important role when it comes to
– Connecting & communication with key
– Identify & deal with risks
– Sticks specified budget and time
– Dealing with Change Orders Whenever a change is raised, attached a lot of demands with it, such as the revised estimated cost, risk, operations sequencing, cumulative effects, etc. All this gives rise to the need to carry out a lot of documentation work, and that too in an error-free format. Even a minute mistake sources estimated the scope, cost and schedule tasks may drive the fate of the project from success to failure. As part of the project management training, get the candidates to learn the basic principles of configuration management that provides effectual way to keep track & documenting change orders with the integrated change control, and in developing opportunities for the organization to earn increased margins.
– Handling changes minor or major, each and every “Change” is as important for the company; especially when change is the project that involves a significant amount of money. PMP receive training on important resources management plans where change requests are raised as part of the actual process, and changes take effect only when analyzing the estimated impact of changes in cost, time and quality aspects of the project.
– Dealing with the requirements of Unforeseen problems, which make up a considerable increase overhead costs are quite common issue everywhere; and one of the industry verticals where such issues arise much construction. PMP certification candidates are trained in skills Effective Demand Management and explained the importance of documenting requirements, sending notifications to the developer to assess the impact on the cost & schedule, and last but not least to provide a justification for the extra cost.
– Managing labor Although the effect depends greatly on the availability and support of the workforce in the work area. For this, it is very important that the necessary information manpower requirements sent to suppliers and contractors in good time and through proper procedures. As part of the project management training, candidates explained the importance of developing a detailed project schedule, and how the project schedule can save the project from getting stuck in the last minute hassle
-. Maintenance Buyer-Seller Relationships: PMP is taught the basic concepts of procurement management of exercises where the importance of procurement contracts and timely assessment of the competence contractors & subcontractors, with regard to maintaining the buyer-seller relationships is deeply explained
– “Processes” rather than “mission” PMP is primarily about thinking in terms of “process” and that’s why Project Management Professionals are trained to take up individual projects as part of a calculated process. The result is that it is a pre-measured process to complete various work tasks; . which is more comfortable & a better way to work, rather than relying on instinct people
– adds up to Organizations credibility Experienced & professional skilled personnel asset for any organization. It not only improves the credibility of the organization, but also serves as a competitive advantage for the company when it comes to bidding offers on the world market.